Friday, July 2, 2010

Another day of me being silent

I stayed home from work since I couldn't talk!
I went looking for something I'd misplaced and found something else that I'd misplaced even longer ago! Ha! And then I found what I'd been looking for - pretty cool!
I found a recipe for the asparagus that Dave bought at the Farmer's market last Saturday that I keep forgetting about : grilled bacon=wrapped asparagus. I got it all ready and Dave grilled it along with some chicken brats he also got at the Farmer's Market.
I read: The Omnivore's Dilemma for Kids: The Secrets Behind What You Eat by Michael Pollan. He reinforced the idea of buying local, farmer's market, types of foods. Avoid High Fructose Corn Syrup. Eat grass-fed, free range, organic.
I hadn't realized it was the kids' version, but that's more my speed anyway.
I also read his food rules.
Tomorrow it's off to the Farmer's market again. That's where we buy most of our eggs these days.
I just have to remember to cook the veggies or they're not really fresh a week later!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Gerry, you make me smile. I love reading your blog, and I laugh often and well...it's like being with you. Enjoy those asparagus! :)