Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday of Labor Day Weekend

We've had lots and lots of rain today. And in between the storms, I went in the back yard jungle and picked blackberries. I was surprised how many there were! The hard rains we'd had earlier didn't knock them down.

I took out scissors and tried to cut back vines as I reached farther into the jungle! Ouch!

But then, I made another blackberry crisp. I'm trying to perfect the recipe. I've combined a pie recipe that Dave's Mom used to make with a typical apple crisp topping. I reduced the sugar further this time.

So far the result is that Rachel thinks it had too many nuts. (It has chopped almonds in the crisp layer and last time I only had 1/2 of what the recipe called for) And Dave thought it was just right. I thought it was really good too. I haven't heard from Nathaniel yet.

Too bad I can't post samples so that you could give me some feedback. :)

This is getting to the end of the blackberry season. I don't know if I'll pick anymore.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Oh, that sounds SO good! I ahve been craving blackberries...they're so expensive here. The last time I spent $10 USD for 8 oz and the kids didn't let me have a single one...they were gone! Wear your scratches with pride.