Friday, October 9, 2009

self doubt

This has been a week of self-doubt.

I know that I'm an extrovert and sometimes speak before fully thinking. But sometimes, I wonder if even when I've thought it through, I still over-step my boundaries or say things that aren't appreciated by the person I say them to.

With facebook, I think this is magnified. I'm not sure of the proper rules. Is commenting expected or is it sometimes seen as "oh no, she commented again"

And being put in touch with old friends or acquaintances from either long ago or folks I'm not real close to, is reminiscing sometimes not appreciated? Should I not bring back to mind events from the past?

I've been working really hard to not get in fights with people who post things contrary to my opinions. It's kind of funny to see all the varied views of people I have as friends on facebook.

And maybe when I've been sending notes back and forth and then I say something and never hear from that person again, that means I did something wrong. Or maybe I'm not the center of anyone's universe and they've just got better things to do?

Thank goodness I don't do twitter, that would really drive me crazy!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Oh, no! Never doubt that you are a lovely, lovely person who brings sunshine to so many lives. We absolutely adore you and miss you terribly, you know. The kids get stories from us, of course, and through kcls.org and Bookflix... but that isn't the same, now, is it?

No doubts for you, m'dear.