Saturday, February 20, 2010

Back from Tennessee


Some of you responded to my question about a guitar that I purchased with the hope I was really renting it.
Here's what happened.
The guy who owns the shop was gone on Friday. The other 2 had no power to do anything. They also pointed out the handy "All sales final" sign that hung by the register.
The woman called the man (her husband) He was at a flea market for the day.
The other man, took the guitar out and telling me how great it is. It told him I don't dislike it, I was just hoping they'd take it back. I also told the 2 of them that I'd looked online and discovered that the "list price" he quoted me was way higher than the "list price" on the internet. What is a "list price" anyway??? Whose list?
Eventually, I talked with the owner on the phone and was told he'd give me $200. if I brought him the guitar to the flea market in Knoxville. He wouldn't let them credit my credit card. So I decided I'd keep it and learn to love it.
So on the way to the airport (in Knoxville)I think I passed the flea market he was talking about - it wasn't really in Knoxville but when I saw the exit 407 sign, I'm sure that's what he'd said, and I saw the huge building that was the flea market I knew that I could try to find him but here I was on the way to the airport. I'm not much of a risk-taker when it comes to the thought of missing an airplane so again, I'm going to learn to be happy with the guitar.
And the good news is, the airline didn't charge me to take the guitar on board even though on the first flight it had to go into the baggage area.
So me and my guitar walked proudly through the Knoxville airport and even better through Memphis where there were quite a few people carrying guitar cases. I was one of the cool ones!!!
So already, this is a great guitar!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I LOVE that you were one of the cool ones with a guitar case. Made me smile. just like you always do. :)