Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Feast of St. Charles Borromeo

I must be nostalgic today!
So, for all my FB friends who went to St. Charles School.
Do you remember the big program we'd have for "Monsignor's Feast Day"?
The whole school would have practiced some songs and we'd go down to the Social Hall with Monsignor sitting in a chair while we entertained him. I think his collie, George would come sometimes too.
I remember it being an exciting day. Though I can't think of what songs we sang.
Monsignor Charles Bartok was a very involved pastor. I can remember him riding around on his riding lawn mower mowing the lawn of the church and school. And I remember him giving out our report cards. (I'll never forget his questioning my C in art class. "This is a line and this is a circle" with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. I didn't like that much!
And I was so sad when he left us when St. Charles became the cathedral!
What do you remember?

1 comment:

Susan said...

I attended St. Charles in the late 50s and early 60s. I remember George drinking water from the water fountains. I so loved Msgr. Bartok. I loved Sister Noel, too. I can't remember the name of the principal, though. Do you remember her name?

Susan