Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow Day!

The call came in before 8:00 am - Federal Way libraries are closed for the day! Whoo! Hoo!
We had already gotten up around 4:30 am to take Nathaniel to the airport - and after safely making it there and back, read for a while and then fell asleep again. But this was a welcome call - I now have the entire day to do whatever I want!

As a child growing up in Florida, we didn't get snow days. We did hurricane days. You can't go outside and play during a hurricane for some silly reason. We kids would be excited anyway - no school is always a good thing - even when I liked school.

I think I just enjoy a change in the expected from time to time. It makes me look at my day in a different way - it gives me a chance to think about what I'd like to do with the time. More times than not, the day fritters itself away, but even then, it's a different day. A gift to be accepted.

Enjoy your day!




1 comment:

Natalie said...

"...go out and play in a hurricane.." Make me laugh, Gerry! :) Enjoy your snow day!